How to update Windows Defender in Windows 10/8.1
Windows Defender in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 is set to automatically download and install the definition updates using Windows Update, once a day. If for some reason, your Windows Defender will not update automatically, or if you wish to download and save the definition updates in order to maybe update Windows Defender offline, on different installations of Windows 10/8/7/Vista, then this post will be of interest to you.
As you know Windows Defender is an inbuilt protection application which helps to protect your data from virus or malware. So, it is crucial to update windows defender as it is the best option to protect your Windows Operating System rather than using any Antivirus Applications. Even using Antivirus Applications on your Windows Operating System might cause issues or errors while you update your Windows Operating System. So, better to use Windows Defender Application on your Windows Operating System. Windows Defender turns on whenever you restart your computer and scans your Windows Operating System. This is the article about How to update windows defender In Windows 10/8.1.
Windows Defender comes with Windows 8.1 Operating System and Windows 10 Operating System as an inbuilt application while you install. Even if you update your Windows Operating System then Windows Defender will automatically update but sometimes due to some errors, your Windows Defender will not update. So, if you want to know how to update windows defender in windows 10/8.1 on your Windows Operating System then you can follow the steps mentioned in this article.
Features of How to update windows defender in windows 10/8.1
Windows Defender is the in-built tool to protect your Windows Operating System. Windows Defender will protect all the data on your Windows Operating System as it will send notifications to you to delete the required files. It also sends notifications to you if your System requires a scan to check for the corrupted files and errors.
- A best-inbuilt tool from Microsoft to protect all the data on your Windows Operating System.
- Scan all the Windows Operating System and then fix the errors if any.
- It will send a notification to delete the corrupt files on your Windows Operating System.
- It will uninstall and reinstall the drivers and software on your Windows Operating System.
- Updates all the software and drivers automatically if required.
So, if you are connected to the internet then Windows Defender will update automatically. But, if you have any shortage of internet and if you wish to update your Windows Defender tool then you can update it manually.
How to do windows defender update in Windows 10/8.1
First of all, you need to check the version of your Windows Operating System like Version 32-bit or 64-bit. So, to check, click on system properties and then check the version.
- After you check your Windows Operating System version, then you can start updating Windows Defender manually.
- Now, you need to check for the latest version of Windows Defender from the internet and then download the required link on your Desktop.
- Choose the right link to download on your Windows Operating System as there are different links to download from version 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Make sure you download the right link and better to download the link on your Windows Operating System desktop.
- After you download the Windows Defender Application on your Windows Operating System, double-click on the downloaded file to install.
- Proceed to the steps and accept the terms &conditions to install Windows Operating System successfully.
After Windows Defender successfully installs on your Windows Operating System, you can start using Windows Defender. Scan your Windows Operating System and find the corrupt files and repair them immediately.
If you still face some sort of difficulties in the windows defender update then this video will clear all your doubts. So, please watch the video regarding How to update windows defender in windows 10/8.1. You will get to know how to update windows defender in windows 10/8.1 and how to enable windows defender in windows 8.1 after watching this video.
Hope this article will help you to get the knowledge about How to update windows defender in Windows 10/8.1 or how to enable windows defender in windows 8.1.
If you have any further doubts about this article then please feel free to comment below. We will be happy to help you out:)
You can also follow us on Facebook: Technews
To know more information related to windows then please kindly visit the homepage of our site: www.windowsinformer.com